Animal Friend Activity Badge
- Know how to care for an animal, fish or insect.
- Know about the correct food to feed the animal, including type, variety and quantity.
- Know about the habitat of the animal, such as where it sleeps etc.
- Know how to exercise the animal.
- Keep a record of the food given to the animal and what you do with the animal for a period of two weeks.
Animal Friend Activity Badge Itinerary at Dartmoor Zoo
10:00 – Arrival, Introduction to the Zoo
10:30 – Zoo tour with focus on animal care
11:30 – Animal diet talk
12:00 – Diet trail around the Zoo
12:30 – Lunch
13:30 – Close Encounters afternoon with emphasis on habitats health checks, enrichment and handling
15:00 – End of day
This itinerary is an example of the sessions we provide, feel free to choose another activity from the list to put into the itinerary for your day.
For booking details or enquiries please contact the education team here.