Backwards Cooking Badge
- Show how to light a fire.
- Help someone prepare a fire for cooking on.
- Cook something using a billy can.
- Cook something in the embers of a fire.
- Cook something on a stick.
- Show how to make the fire safe when you have finished with it. Extinguish the fire and make the area safe.
Backwards Cooking Activity Badge Itinerary at Dartmoor Zoo
10:00 – Arrival, Introduction to the Zoo
10:30 – Zoo tour
11:30 – Set up camp, fire safety
12:00 – Main fire lighting
12:30 – Making Lunch using billy cans, and embers
13:45 – Fire lighting competition
14:00 – Nettle tea making/marshmallow toasting
14:45 – Safely extinguish fire
15:00 – End of day
This itinerary is an example of the sessions we provide, feel free to choose another activity from the list to put into the itinerary for your day.
For booking details or enquiries please contact the education team here.