Naturalist Activity Badge
- Learn how to identify six different living things from two of these categories;
- Garden Birds
- Water Birds
- Minibeasts and Insects
- Wild Flowers
- Pond Dwellers
- Butterflies and Moths
- Over three months, visit the same natural area at least four times. Take a note of the changes in the plants and wildlife that you see.
- Create a piece of art using natural material.
- Make a feeding station for birds.
- Make a hedgehog, ladybird or bee house.
Naturalist Activity Badge Itinerary at Dartmoor Zoo
10:00 – Arrival, Introduction to the Zoo
10:30 – Zoo tour with focus on identification of trees and wild birds
11:30 – Bird feeder/Bug house building and placing
12:30 – Lunch
13:30 – Bark rubbing from trees identified on tour
13:45 – Pond dipping and identification of species
14:30 – Close encounters with Minibeasts
15:00 – End of day
This itinerary is an example of the sessions we provide, feel free to choose another activity from the list to put into the itinerary for your day.
For booking details or enquiries please contact the education team here.