- Growing - What does a plant need to grow?
- Animals - How are animals adapted to their environments? What issues have an impact on this?
- Visit a museum, science centre, zoo, botanical garden, science festival, aquarium, nature reserve or university/school extra-curricular day.
- Have a scientist, engineer or medical professional talk to you about their work.
- Find out about two famous scientists.
Science Investigator Itinerary at Dartmoor Zoo
10:00 – Arrival, Introduction to the Zoo
10:30 – Zoo tour
11:30 – Growing things – Planting flowers and learning about what a plant needs to grow
12:30 – Lunch
13:30 – Presentation about working in a Zoo, focus on 2 famous scientists – Darwin/Jane Goodall
14:30 – Close Encounters with a focus on animal adaptations
15:00 – End of day
This itinerary is an example of the sessions we provide, feel free to choose another activity from the list to put into the itinerary for your day.
For booking details or enquiries please contact the education team here.