The zoo is open every single day of the year, rain or shine, apart from the 25th December.
Summer (April to October): 10am - 6pm
Winter (October to April): 10am - 4pm
Winter opening hours begin on 26th October 2015.
|Ticket Type||Gift Aid*||Without Donation|
|Concession (OAPs, Students, Disabled)||£11.95*||£10.85|
|Child (4 to 15yrs)||£9.85*||£8.95|
|Child Concession (Disabled)||
|3 and under||
|Family (4 persons, max 2 adults)||£42.00*||£38.00|
For entry, under 16's must be accompanied by an adult.
*Prices include an optional 10% Gift Aid donation - Scroll down for information on how Gift Aid works.
You can find details of DZP Membership here. Available to buy online, over the phone, or on site when you visit.
Gift Aid, how does it work?
Dartmoor Zoological Park is run by Dartmoor Zoological Society. DZS is a charity devoted to the conservation of endangered species and their habitats. All tickets include an optional donation of 10% which helps us to run various conservation and research projects here and abroad and by choosing to make this donation you really help us.
The government supports charities like us with a scheme called Gift Aid. This allows us to claim back the tax on your donation.
This won’t cost you anything extra, but means a lot to us.
If you are a UK taxpayer, we can claim an extra 25p for every £1 you donate, giving us more money to help with our conservation and research work.
Thank you for supporting us by being a Gift Aid visitor.
- Gift Aid donations can only be made by UK taxpayers and their families.
- You must pay an amount of UK income tax and/or capital gains tax for the current tax year (6 April to 5 April) that is at least equal to the amount of tax reclaimed on your gift donations to all the charities and Community Amateur Sports Clubs (CASCs) for that tax year (currently 25p for every £1 given). Other taxes such as VAT & Council Tax do not qualify.
- Once you have agreed to gift aid your donation, we will simply reclaim the tax you have already paid on your donation to Dartmoor Zoo from HMRC.
- The information you give will remain confidential and will not be passed to any organisation other than HM Revenue & Customs.
Tax claimed by the charity:
- The charity will reclaim 25p of tax from HMRC on every £1 you give.
- If you pay income tax at the higher rate, you must include all your Gift Aid donations on your Self Assessment tax return if you want to receive the additional tax relief due to you.
Accepted methods of payment:
We accept Visa, Visa Debit, Visa Electron, Mastercard, Maestro and Solo.
Wet & Wild offer
Simply take your receipt and present it within 15 days of your visit to the other attraction. Not valid in conjunction with any other offer.
Please note that when claiming discount on admission to DZP, this offer relates to a single daily admission to the National Marine Aquarium. If you take their 'Annual Pass' option, this entitles you to ONE discounted admission to DZP on the above terms.
Residents of Sparkwell
Entrance to the zoo is free for all permanent residents of Sparkwell village. Please bring both proof of address and proof of identity that you are a genuine resident. Accepted forms of proof of address are: bank statement, utility bill, council tax bill. Accepted forms of proof of identity are: driving licence, passport, forces I.D. card.