No tricks, we’re treating you to Boo at the Zoo 2019. Boo is back and spookier than ever.
This ain’t no trick. We’re treating you to Boo at the Zoo 2019
Will you dare to visit on the 26th of October? The ghouls will be released, and the curse will set its state on the zoo. Prepare for an evening of despair and fright.
From 4PM the fun begins (Suitable for the whole family).
Suitable for the whole family expect to see:
- Fire Breathers
- Stilt Walkers
- Scare Actors
Halloween Snack and Drinks
Halloween themed food and drinks will be available in the restaurant. From bug cakes to jelly shots, there will be lots of sweet treats suitable for everyone. The gift shop will also be open until 7pm, for you to purchase any gifts for yourself or other ghouls.
Follow the lights trail around the zoo, and explore the zoo after hours. The trial will take you around the zoo, through the forest, around the big cat, birds and more. Torches are advised but not necessary. If you look carefully you may be able to see the bright eyes of the animal residents out at night. Expect monsters to be lurking in the shadows.
Woodland Spook Maze
Dartmoor is usually a beautiful, bright colourful place in Autumn, but at Night many animals come out to play. Find yourself lost in a labyrinth. But be careful, you never know what kind of monsters lurk in the shadows. Warning: This is not for the faint-hearted. Expect monsters, unusual sounds and movements. No corner will be safe.
Explore our sensory dark room. In a room where you can’t see anything, can you feel your way out? Use all your senses to find your direction, but be careful, not everything is your friend in the Dark Room.
Fern Hanging Garden
Explore our hanging art exhibition in the Fern Garden, where the lives of old residents are laid to rest, including Lions, Bears, and those who lived here years ago. This Art Exhibition is sponsored by Dutchy Community College.
Creepy Close Encounters
Meet all the scary bugs and reptiles in a close encounters session. All guests will have access to the Bug and Reptile room from 4pm-7pm. Meet the experts of all the wonderful creepy crawlies and learn all about them. This is a great experience for young children.
7PM -9PM (Suitable for ages 16+)
From 7PM certain areas will be restricted to 16+, this is due to the graphic content and scare factor. We will have more scare monsters, and frightening tactics to make you fear for your life. If you are attending with children, please keep in mind of the time-restricted areas. They will be clearly sign posted through out the zoo.
The Coach picks up Toxic Jungle Boogie After Party guests from Plymouth University (STOP U2). Guests will arrive at the zoo for 8.00 PM.
9.00PM (Toxic Jungle Boogie begins. Suitable for 18+)
9.00PM-12AM (Toxic Jungle Boogie begins. Suitable for 18+)
Get your dancing shoes on, because you’re about to get wild at Dartmoor Zoo. Enter the toxic jungle of mad flowers, fluorescent plants and local DJ’s for a night of pure bass, boogie and fun.
Music from the likes of:
Get to Dartmoor Zoo at 7.30 for Boo at the Zoo 2019 and Toxic Jungle Boogie.
7.00PM AT PLYMOUTH UNIVERSITY (STOP U2)
7.30PM ARRIVAL AT DARTMOOR ZOO
11.30PM AT DARTMOOR ZOO
12AM ARRIVAL AT HANGING GARDENS, PLYMOUTH
We’ve teamed up with OMNIBASS to give you the best of both worlds. Keep the night going with some fat DNB. The coach will drop you directly at Shimon W/ Pastry Maker Plymouth Debut in time for the Headliners!
First Tier Tickets on sale now:
TOXIC JUNGLE BOOGIE £10.00
TOXIC JUNGLE BOOGIE + SHIMON W/ PASTRY MAKER PLYMOUTH DEBUT £18.00
Admission for Boo at the Zoo: 4PM – 9PM
Admission for Toxic Jungle Boogie from 4PM until 12AM.
Re-entry is permitted with wristband
If you have a coach ticket, please arrive at the Plymouth University Bus Stop (STOP U2) before the coach is due to leave. The Oakleys Coach will leave at 7.00PM from the coach stop. Please have your coach ticket to hand (on your phone or printed ticket) when boarding the bus. You will arrive at Dartmoor Zoo at 7.30PM.
Return: Coach pick up from the Zoo will be at 11.30 PM to arrive at Hanging Gardens, PL4 0DF for 12 AM.
Travel By Car
- Dartmoor Zoological Park, Sparkwell, Plymouth, PL7 5DG. Leave the A38 at the Deep Lane Junction (marked Plymton) and follow the signs for ‘Dartmoor Zoo’.
- Parking is free at the bottom of the drive and is available over night. Please do not leave any valuables unattended in your car – Dartmoor Zoo cannot be held responsible for any thefts or damages. We must also remind you that dogs are strictly prohibited.
- There is limited disabled parking spaces at the top of the driveway. If you require a parking space, please call up Zoo Base on 01752837645 to notify us. If you are planning on visiting with disabled guests, please note there are limited facilities and some pathways around the Zoo can be quite challenging for wheelchair/scooter users.
Taxi’s in Plymouth and the surrounding area are often very busy on weekends. Wait time can be up to an hour. To avoid disappointment, please book your Taxi prior the event.
Plym Cabs 01752777777
Taxi First 01752222222
Terms and Conditions
- Tickets are non-refundable EXCEPT for adverse weather conditions. In the case of event cancellation due to weather, all tickets holders will be contacted directly a minimum of 24 hours in advance and a full refund will be given.
- There will be no admission with alcohol on site. There will be a bar open to purchase alcohol in the restaurant. You will need to show your wristband and ID at the bar.
- There is no age restrictions from 4PM-7PM, however this event is designed to scare you. We are not responsible for any health-related issue or child/adult trauma caused though out the evening. Parents are to be held completely responsible for their children’s experiences whilst on site. From 7pm children under the age of 16 will be restricted access from certain areas. This is due to the graphic, gore and scare factors which are deemed unsuitable for young children. Signs will clearly state restricted areas.
- Toxic Jungle Boogie is an over 18’s event. Please expect to be searched and asked to show some identification upon entry. We only accept official ID such as Passport, Driving License or a proof of age card such as the PASS card from the national Proof of Age Standards Scheme.
- Drugs, illicit substances and sharp objects are all strictly prohibited. All items will be confiscated and destroyed. You will also be removed from the premises.
- Children must be supervised at all times. Dartmoor Zoo will not allow any unsupervised children during this event due to health and safety reasons.
- If at any point you lose your valuable possessions, please let a member of staff know with a description and contact details. They will notify you if you item(s) are found. We are not responsible for any theft, loss or damage of any valuables on site.
- Please do not litter whilst on site. We have number of bins across the site which you can use. There are free roaming animals on site. This litter is detrimental to their lives if ingested.
- If you have questions or would like to speak to a member of the events team please email firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively call on 01752837645