Please read over the below Terms and Conditions. There are details below which require a response before a certain deadline. If you have any queries on these terms, then please contact us on 01752 837645 or respond directly to this email.
• Tickets are non-refundable EXCEPT for adverse weather conditions. In the case of event cancellation due to weather, all tickets holders will be contacted directly a minimum of 24 hours in advance and a full refund will be given.
• The age limit for this event is a minimum of 4 years old. This is due to both health and safety factors (e.g. campfire and uneven pathways for prams) and securing that every attendee has the best experience.
• Children must be supervised at all times. Dartmoor Zoo will not allow any unsupervised children during this event due to health and safety reasons.
• NO alcohol permitted to be brought onto site due to lisencing restrictions. There will be a limited bar available to over 18 (ID required) during the live music scheduled part of the evening. If you are found within possession of alcohol you will be asked to leave the Zoo – no refund will be given in such circumstances.
• There will be no access to electricity in the camping area and minimal lighting after dusk, so we advise to bring plenty of torches/lamps.
• Please note there will be limited facilities at the event and there are no showers on site. We have baby changing facilities and disabled toilets in our Jaguar Restaurant and have two outside lady’s cubicles and one outside gent’s cubicle and urinal which can be accessed throughout the evening/overnight.
• You will be required to bring all your own sleeping equipment. Please see the attached document to this email with our recommended equipment list. Dartmoor Zoo will not be supplying any equipment.
• Parking is free at the bottom of the drive and is available over night. Please do not leave any valuables unattended in your car – Dartmoor Zoo cannot be held responsible for any thefts or damages. We must also remind you that dogs are strictly prohibited.
• There is limited disabled parking spaces at the top of the driveway. If you require a parking space, please let us know as soon as possible. We will require your registration plate to secure it. If you are planning on visiting with disabled guests, please note there are limited facilities and some pathways around the Zoo can be quite challenging for wheelchair/scooter users.
- Roar n’ Snore begins at 2:00PM Saturday 14th August.
You are more than welcome to arrive sooner and take advantage of the daily talks and feeds. When you arrive please make yourself known at the bottom gate, and then make your way up to the ‘Education Pod’ (you can retrieve a map from the gate house but there will be staff to guide you). Please bring all equipment up with you and we shall store it safely (if anything can be tagged with your name, we advise you to do so). This is where you will also meet the Dartmoor Zoo staff running the event and receive a full safety briefing.
• There is an itinerary attached here. Please see to the document for information regarding timings and activities throughout the day/evening. The ticket includes a barbecue dinner with water/squash included – any additional drinks (e.g. fizzy pop) will be charged. The restaurant will be open from 7:30AM on Sunday ready for the inclusive breakfast at 8:00AM. This is where you can find disabled toilets, changing facilities and access to hot/cold drinks.
• All attendees will receive complimentary hot/cold drinks vouchers valid during restaurant opening times. These shall be given out during your briefing.
• We require to know of any dietary requirements or allergies by Friday 23rd of July 2021. Please respond to your confirmation email with any information if required.
• Every ‘Roar ‘n Snore’ attendee shall receive a complimentary t-shirt for the event. Please respond to your confirmation email with the sizes you require (e.g. small, medium, large etc) 3 weeks before the event. Alternatively email email@example.com or call us on 01752837645. If we do not receive a response by this date all members of your party shall receive a standard size t shirt. These shall also be given out during your briefing.
• Dartmoor Zoo reserve the right to exclude parties from the event if they do not adhere to the health and safety instructions. No refund will be given in such circumstances.
Please ensure we have all the information by the required deadlines.
If you have any questions, then be sure to contact us by either telephone or email.
Recommended Equipment List
- Sleeping bag
- Blow up beds
- Tooth paste
- Battery/solar panelled charger
- Warm clothing
- Comfortable footwear