Accessibility Statement for Dartmoor Zoo
Dartmoor Zoological Society is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to support accessibility
Dartmoor Zoological Society takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of Dartmoor Zoo:
- Include accessibility as part of our mission statement
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies
- Integrate accessibility into our procurement practices
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Dartmoor Zoo is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Dartmoor Zoo. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on Dartmoor Zoo:
- Phone: 01752 837645
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Dartmoor Zoo, Sparkwell, Plymouth, Devon, PL7 5DG
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
Dartmoor Zoo is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- The website should work across all browsers
Accessibility of Dartmoor Zoo relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of Dartmoor Zoo, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for Dartmoor Zoo:
- Forms and Embeds: Forms and embeds are from third party providers and are not completely accessible because Iframes may not contain titles and appropriate aria controls. We are talking to third party providers and looking at alternatives;
- Image text alternatives: Some images do not have alt tags because Some images are purely decorational images, and have not had alt tags applied.. We are adding alt tags as we develop the site, and ensuring empty alt tags are present for decorative images.
Dartmoor Zoological Society assessed the accessibility of Dartmoor Zoo by the following approaches:
- We evaluate the website manually and through automated tools such as Axe