This course is aimed at anyone who loves animals and loves photography.
During your course you will be given exclusive behind the scenes access to several animal enclosures, including some of our big cats, enabling you to get closer than any other zoo visitor, interacting and capturing images that no one else can.
During your day, we will also visit many of the other animals at our zoo, learning all about taking great animal photos and how to put your camera kit to the best use.
Whether you have a smart phone and no experience in photography or are a professional wanting to capture that elusive great shot, our course has something for you.
Our beautiful array of animals offer a great opportunity to capture stunning images and with our in-house photographer on hand to offer training, advice and insider secrets, you are sure to get some incredible pictures to take home.
Courses are run with only 5-participants and all government COVID 19 safety guidelines are always adhered to.
The cost is £175.00 per person including a welcome drink, all course materials and lunch in our Jaguar Restaurant.
Our courses are run every other Sunday of each month, starting at 10 am for 3 hours. At the end of the course you will receive a certificate and have the rest of the day to practice what you have been learning in the morning. Bespoke bookings are also available.
There are some Terms and Conditions specific to this course:
- Children age 8 to 15 must be accompanied by a paying adult.
- Wet weather conditions will result in rescheduling of course dates.
- Attendees can choose whichever subsequent dates best suit their requirement providing space is available.
- Attendees must bring their own photographic equipment and have a basic knowledge of its operation.
- Attendees are advised to bring protection for their camera in case of a rain shower.
- Dartmoor Zoo can accept no liability for loss or damage of personal belongings including camera equipment whilst on site.
- Zoo admission for the whole day is included.
- Attendees are advised to wear walking boots or other appropriate outdoor shoes.
Other T&Cs can be found on our Experiences page.
To discuss available dates, please call 01752 837645 or email our team to confirm availability before purchasing. Please note, due to popular demand, some of our experiences may have a waiting time.